Friday, February 19, 2010

If it's meant to be it will be &hearts

I am so distraught right now. So caught up in emotions that I'm losing my head. Wanting things to work out so badly that I'm a complete mess. Mascara stained pillow cases. What am I doing???? Have I forgotten the most important thing? The only thing that matters in this life???

My Redeemer...

He wants whats best for me.

If it's meant to be it will be.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.

Proverbs 19:21
Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.

Romans 8:28
And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Psalm 71:5
For You are my hope, O Lord GOD;
You are my trust from my youth.


Do I not know these verses to be true?? Of course. He truly has my best interest at heart. So why won't I trust him?? He knows me better than I know myself.

I'm done worrying. I'm done trying to control my life. It is in your hands. Do what you will....

  • Uganda
  • My Husband
  • Nursing
  • Finances
  • The building I call my "Church"
  • Insecurities





    "Faithful"
    There's distance in the air and I cannot make it leave
    i wave my arms' round about me and blow with all my might
    I cannot sense you close, though I know you're always here
    But the comfort of you near is what i long for


    When I can't feel you, I have learned to reach out just the same
    When I can't hear you, I know you still hear every word I pray
    And i want you more than i want to live another day
    And as I wait for you maybe I'm made more faithful

    All the folly of the past, though I know it is undone
    i still feel the guilty one, still trying to make it right
    So i whisper soft your name, let it roll around my tounge,
    knowing you're the only one who knows me
    You know me


    Show me how I should live this
    Show me where I should walk
    I count this world as loss to me
    You are all I want
    You are all I want





    Your words are my food and your breath my wine. You are everything to me.

5 comments:

  1. My sweet sweet amy..

    I love you. God knows the desires of your heart, and your will is becoming more and more like his. Trust that. All these wonderful plans and desires you have are good things, we just have to remember to not let those desires overshadow our desire for Him.

    Creator > Creation.

    "But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."
    [2 Peter 3:8-9]

    I say this not because I have it all figured out.. Im searching for contentment and patience as well. God's timing is not our own, but there is a reason behind all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are growing my dear...think back to even a year ago..i think you would be stomping your feet and doing whatever you want in the end. its not easy but KNOWING that He knows your desires is a huge step.
    love you.

    ReplyDelete