Friday, March 19, 2010

.::Purpose::.

How many times a day do I complain about something not going right in my life? Honestly, take a second to sit back and reflect. How often are you complaining about something? Even if it is small. I ran out of gas today. I'm tired. My bills are too high. I'm not making enough money. I want a new job. Where is my husband/wife? I'm not happy with my appearance. Why is this happening to me? When is it going to be my turn? If I only had that then I would be happy.

I've been faced with a few questions that have stopped me dead in my tracks.

"Do you feel more loved by God because he makes much of you? Or, because he frees you to enjoy making much of him forever?" -John Piper

"Am I making much of God only because he reveals himself as the one who makes much of me?" -John Piper

If Jesus came back today and told you I'm sorry you won't make it into heaven when you die would you still live the rest of your life honoring and glorifying him or would you live the rest of your life doing whatever you wanted to because you knew you were going to hell?

It's not about ME!!!!!!

-Not even in the least-

For so long I've thought of God as my redeemer. He came for me. He died for me. He is sanctifying me. He picked me up. He put the pieces back together for me. He knows the desires of my heart. He loves me. He desires me. He is pursuing me.

All of this is true BUT it doesn't end there. It can't!

-Predestination-
Ephesians 1:5-6
In love he predestined us for adoption through Jesus Christ , according to the purpose of his will to the praise of his glorious grace.


-Creation-
Isaiah 43:6
I will say to the North give up and to the South do not withhold bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the end of the earth everyone who is called by my name whom I created for my glory whom I formed and made.


-Salvation-
2 Corinthians 5:14-15
For the love of Christ controls us because we have concluded this that one has died for all therefore all have died and he died for all that those who might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised.


-Sanctification-
Philippians 1:9-11
And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more with knowledge and all discernment so that you may approve what is excellent and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ to the glory and praise of God.


-Propagation-
Romans 1:5
Jesus Christ our Lord through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith for the sake of his name among all the nations.



It's not about me. Everything that God has done/and is still doing it all has one purpose. To bring glory to God. He predestined us into his family to bring honor and praise to him. We were created for his glory. He gave his life so that we might bring him glory. We are sanctified for the purpose of bringing him glory. We have received grace and discernment solely to bring him praise. That is our purpose. That is why we were created. That is why we are blessed or go through times of hardship. That is why he shows us love....so that through it all we would give him praise.

When this finally sank in I was not receiving it well. In all honesty I was a bit prideful. I thought to myself how selfish? You create a world of people just to bring you praise? I couldn't believe this thought entered my mind. I soon realized like so many other things it is much much bigger than that. He is God! He created me? The God of eternity. The one who created EVERYTHING created me. Amy Florez. When he could have done anything else. He created me. I will praise him! That is the least I could do. He is God it isn't about me. It isn't about what I have or don't have. He is the almighty! I can't put into words really why....it's simply because he is. I think when you reach this point you will to understand. There won't need to be an explanation as to why I will do all I can..with every part of my being I will bring him praise. Not because he created me. Not out of guilt or feeling as if I owe something. Simply because HE IS GOD.



It's not about if we were baptized, how we became a christian, if we grew up in the church, if we sang this little light of mine as a kid, if we know all the books of the Bible, if we use instruments in worship, if we're a calvinist or armenian, if we wear our "sundays best". This life isn't about what we do or don't do. So often we become legalistic and we lose sight of EXACTLY why we are on this earth.


[To glorify God!]


Now back to the last question.

If Jesus came back today and told you I'm sorry you won't make it into heaven when you die

would you still live the rest of your life honoring and glorifying him or would you live the rest of your life doing whatever you wanted because you knew you were going to hell?


Your words are my food and your breath my wine. You are everything to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment